Tuesday 19 March 2013

DIY Marbled Easter Shapes - Garland


Did you see my last DIY tutorial for making marbled Easter shapes? I love Crayola Model Magic for so many reasons - it's non-toxic, lightweight, affordable, and comes in lots of colours. Earlier on I shared how to use acrylic paint to marble white Model Magic; if you've done this and let it dry overnight then you're ready to make this springy garland. Over the next few days I'll be sharing a couple other ways I like using these Easter shapes. Click through to see more about how to make today's garland.




Supplies:



Method: Use the hot glue gun to draw a line of glue near the top of your shape and attach the cotton twine. Repeat with the rest of the shapes, measuring the twine so that the shapes are even distributed along the garland; I left a gap of 5" between each chick. Be sure to leave a tail before the first and after the last shapes to allow for easy tying later.

And that's it! Tape or tie your garland to a wall, in a window frame, or arch way for quick and easy Easter decor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...